Scholarly Articles and Book Chapters
- “Towards a Genealogy of Open Data” (forthcoming, 2014)
- “Critique vs Composition: Bruno Latour and Walter Benjamin on Modernity and the Constitution of Paris”, Global Discourse: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Current Affairs and Applied Contemporary Thought (forthcoming, 2014).
- “Evidence and Ecstasy: On the Concept of Experience in German Philosophy from Hamann to Gadamer”, The Experience of Truth – The Truth of Experience – Between Phenomenology and Hermeneutics (forthcoming, 2014).
- “Hamann, Nietzsche, and Wittgenstein on the Language of Philosophers” in Lisa Marie Anderson (ed.), Hamann and the Tradition (Northwestern University Press, 2012). The volume offers “a good picture of the current state of the scholarship on this fascinating but still little-appreciated figure of the German 18th century”, according to a review in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- The Data Journalism Handbook (Lead Editor), O’Reilly Media, July 2012. Translated into Chinese, Czech, French, Georgian, Greek, Italian, Macedonian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Ukranian.
Press Articles and Essays
- Interview with Albrecht Wellmer, The New York Times (forthcoming)
- “Secret government contracts stop citizens knowing if outsourcing works”, The Guardian, 18th August 2014
- “Secret government contracts undermine our democracies. Let’s stop them”, OpenDemocracy, 27th February 2014
- “The Snowden Files: so much more than state surveillance”, OpenDemocracy, 6th February 2014
- “Britain ‘shines light of transparency’ on secret lobbying. Just kidding.”, OpenDemocracy, 28th January 2014
- “Mapping the Cultural Commons”, Cblog, French Ministry of Culture and Communication, 15th November 2013
- “Open Government Partnership Should Foster Accountability and Social Justice”, The Guardian, 4th November 2013
- “Recomposing Scholarship”, London School of Economics ‘Impact of Social Sciences’ Blog, 25th October 2013
- “The Genius and the Soil: Open Access and the Politics of Information”, Red Pepper, April-May 2013 (Issue 189)
- “The Future of Memory”, The Junket, 16th July 2012
- “What Data Can and Cannot Do”, The Guardian, 31st May 2012
- “On Archiving Everything: Borges, Calvino, Google”, OWNI.eu, 25th August 2011